Yes, We Are Open! COVID-19 Procedures.
Haunted Shadows is a one mile long outdoor haunted event. We have lots of fresh air and open spaces. Even so, the following procedures will be in place during the pandemic.
- Safety masks are required for all customers and employees at all times. We are here to provide a good, fun and scary evening in as safe an environment as possible. Plan on bringing a mask and wearing it properly during your time at Haunted Shadows. Customers not wearing a face mask will not be allowed on the trail.
- Tickets are purchased at the front counter at Blue Sky Sports Center. Customers will have their foreheads scanned for temperature before being allowed in the building to purchase tickets. Rest rooms are also available in Blue Sky. Face masks are required while inside the building.
- After purchasing tickets, customers will be given directions on where to walk to the start of the trail. Groups are asked to maintain social distancing from other groups as you walk to the start of the trail.
- Often there will be a line at the start of the trail as groups wait to be released on the trail. There will be cones set up as reminders for groups to maintain social distancing from other groups while waiting in line.
- Groups are determined by the customers. The group you came with is the group that you will be in on the trail. We will never ask customers to combine with other groups to form some type of optimal size group. If you have two people in your group, great. If you have 6 or 7 in your group, that’s fine, too.
- Groups are released on to the trail about every 2 to 2.5 minutes. This gives groups a comfortable spacing from each other as they begin their one-mile long journey through Haunted Shadows Lake Trail.
- Customers may not touch props or actors. Actors will not touch customers and will maintain safe distancing when scaring.
- The average time to complete the one-mile long trail is 45 minutes. However, some groups will be faster, and some will be slower. Groups will sometimes have to adjust their speed if they see that the distance between their group and the group ahead of them is shrinking. Adjustments like this (similar to playing golf in groups), are important to maintain safe social distances between groups. Good distancing also provides for a better, more personal trail experience.
- Customers are not required to touch anything to go through the trail. No doorknobs to open, no doors to push open, and no props to manipulate. No one wants to touch objects that have been handled by dozens of other people ahead of them.
Keep your mask on at all times, keep appropriate distancing, and have a great time!