(plus sales tax)
Tickets are purchased at the front desk at
Blue Sky Sports Center
7801 North Main in The Colony, Texas
Credit cards: Visa and MasterCard Only
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive a $3 off coupon for admission.
Haunted Shadows will be closed if there is a heavy or steady rain. We will be open in all other conditions.
- Haunted Shadows will be open if it is hot.
- Haunted Shadows will be open if it is cold.
- Haunted Shadows will be open if it is muddy as long as it is not raining. We have artificial turf pieces and hay on the entire trail. This is to help keep customers off and out of the mud. The hay and turf pieces make the trail usable. This does not mean that customers will not get muddy, they probably will to some extent if the ground is muddy. The turf pieces greatly reduce the amount of mud that can collect on shoes, allowing Haunted Shadows to remain open. Customers concerned about mud on the trail need to take this into consideration before buying a ticket to use during possible muddy conditions.
- Haunted Shadows will be open even if a storm, or rain is in the forecast.
- Haunted Shadows will be open if there is a light drizzle or intermittent light showers.
Storms and Rain
- The Haunted Shadows staff at Blue Sky Sports Center will be monitoring forecasted rain or storms. As long as it is not raining at opening time, Haunted Shadows will open.
- Based on weather updates, and as the chances of rain or storms increase, the following procedures will be put in place.
- Haunted Shadows will declare a Rain Delay (even though it may not be raining at that time).
- Blue Sky staff at the front desk will inform customers that we are in a Rain Delay. During a Rain Delay customers are not released to go on the trail (so there is no need for customers to make their way to the start of the trail). Customers with tickets may choose to wait inside Blue Sky Sports Center during the Rain Delay, wait in their cars during the Rain Delay, or elect to leave. In the event that the rain or storm causes Haunted Shadows to close for the night, tickets purchased are still good for any remaining Haunted Shadows dates. [No refunds]
- Customers who show up at the front desk during a Rain Delay to purchase tickets will be informed that we are in a Rain Delay. Customers can still elect to go ahead and purchase tickets even though we are in a Rain Delay. Tickets may be used that night if the Rain Delay is lifted, or can be used at any remaining Haunted Shadows dates. [No refunds]
- Once a Rain Delay has been called, customers who are waiting in line to enter Haunted Shadows will be informed of the Rain Delay. Customers waiting in line to enter will not be released on the trail during a Rain Delay. Customers waiting in line will be told they can remain in line during the Rain Delay, or go to their cars or inside Blue Sky Sports Center. If the rain or storm causes Haunted Shadows to close for the night, tickets purchased are still good for any remaining Haunted Shadows dates. [No refunds]. Customers in line during a Rain Delay who leave to go to their cars or to Blue Sky lose any “place” they had in line prior to leaving. Should Haunted Shadows open after a Rain Delay customers may line up again on a first there, first in line, basis. The Haunted Shadows staff taking tickets and releasing customers on the trail cannot keep track of who was where in line when the Rain Delay was put in place.
- Once a Rain Delay has been called, the goal is for all customers already on the trail to complete their trail experience before the rain or storm begins.
- It is possible that the rain or storm may move in quicker than anticipated while customers are still on the trail. When this happens the trail will be closed. Trail actors will leave their assigned areas and gather up all remaining customers and lead them off the trail by the quickest exit route back to Blue Sky and the parking lot.
- Customers who have their Haunted Shadows experience shortened by the trail closing during a Rain Delay will be met by the director or trail manager as they come off the trail. Customers in this situation will be given another ticket by the director or trail manager because they did not get the full trail experience that their ticket was designed to provide. Customers with these “new replacement tickets” may use those tickets again that same evening if the Rain Delay is lifted or any other remaining Haunted Shadows dates. [No refunds].
- Customers may elect to begin their trail experience when there is a light drizzle or light rain. As long as Haunted Shadows has not called for a Rain Delay or cancelation of the trail, the trail is open, and customers are permitted to continue. Customers on the trail who decide to voluntarily come off the trail and exit without finishing the trail because of light drizzle, light rain, or in anticipation of bad weather, are not entitled to replacement tickets or refunds. Customers who may have gotten wet, but were still able to complete their trail experience are not eligible for Rain Delay replacement tickets.
- A Rain Delay will end with either a decision to restart the trail later that same evening or a decision to cancel the performance for the night.
Concession and rest rooms are available at the Blue Sky Sports Center indoor soccer facility.
There are no refunds for any reason.
Haunted Shadows Lake Trail reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone for any reason.
Group discounts (20 or more) are available, please call ahead.